Friday, November 27, 2015

I will put enmity...

So we are in the rainy season here in Uganda.  The grass grows like kudzu grows in the Carolinas... at least an inch per day.

Today, while I was mowing the grass I STEPPED ON A SNAKE!!!! If there is one thing I really hate and I mean hate is a snake.  It brings to mind the verse in Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed...  I am pretty sure I got a double portion of enmity!!

I proceded to call for my husband to seek and destroy.  

After Tom found the snake and decapitated it with a machete and a shovel, he showed it to Rose, who helps us cook.  She said that she thought it was a black mamba... not for sure... I am very grateful for God's protection...anti venom is several hours away. 

Just a few minutes ago I received an iMessage from a dear friend in Greensboro sharing that she had been praying for me all day.  That the Holy Spirit had continued to bring me to mind all day.  Praise God for all of the prayer warriors He hedges us in with.  Thank you Susan for being so sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit and such a prayer warrior!

Recognize and praise God for his provision and protection.  It is not just a happy coincidence when you are protected or saved from danger, bad situations or provision comes just when you need it.  These things are all from God 

   
Be encouraged!
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment