Saturday, November 28, 2015

What I wouldn't give...





I have been thinking lately about the use of my words.  I feel we often use words or phrases glibly not really thinking about what we are saying.

What I wouldn’t give…

Do you use that phrase?  I do.

What  I wouldn’t give for a Harris Teeter grocery store.

What I wouldn’t give to have a #7 mini sub from my favorite sub shop back home.

What I wouldn’t give for my old house.

What I wouldn’t give for rules to be obeyed!

What I wouldn’t give to stop the suffering of others. 

What I wouldn’t give for my friends and family to be “safe”.

What I wouldn’t give to have the right words all the time. 


What I wouldn’t give…. you fill in the blank…



Exactly what would I be willing give to have my old house?  Am I willing to refuse following after God for my own short lived “comfort”?

Exactly what would I be willing to give to have rules obeyed? Am I willing to admit I am disobedient ?  Am I willing to humble myself under the authority of another?

Exactly what would I be willing to do to stop the suffering?  Am I willing to suffer in their place?

Exactly what would I be willing to give for my family and friends to be safe?  Am I willing to die?  Am I willing to die for a stranger?  


Exactly what would you be willing to give…?



Do you wonder if God ever asked himself that question?  

What I wouldn’t give to have an eternally restored relationship with my children.

What I wouldn’t give to heal their brokenness.

What I wouldn’t give to express my unending love for them.

What I wouldn’t give to express my mercy and compassion towards them. 


The truth is there is nothing that God wouldn’t give… even His first born Son for me… John 3:16-17

God expressed his love for me… Romans 5:8

Jesus gave up his home for me… Philippians 2:5-8

Jesus willingly submitted to the authority and will of God… John 6:38, 


Jesus died for me while I was still a stranger to him…Romans 5:6-8



Lord, I desire to submit my will to Yours and to serve you without reservation. No matter what you ask me to give.
  
Be encouraged...
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Great words of truth! We heard a very similar sermon this morning at Mercy Hill/ Andrew Hopper, who said very much the same thing. Jesus came to die and our offering should be of similar sacrifice but so many times, we withhold because it may inconvenience us. whew.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete